Guroo Pyaree Saadh Sangat Jeo,
Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,
“O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru’s path. Whatever the Guru says, accept thats as good; the sermon of the Lord Har Har, is unique and wonderful” II 1 II Pause (Ang 667, Dhanasaree Mahalla 4 )
Guidelines and Rules for Funerals and other Service at Gurdwara Sahib
- Funerals should be arranged on Monday – Friday or Sunday (Avoid Saturdays as Gurdwara) as it is not available on Saturday’s.
- No Photo (Any Type) should be put in the Darbar Hall as it is against Sikh Rehit Maryada , Gurdwara Management have no objection if family wish to put the photo in Langar hall.
- Gurdwara Car park got limited spaces, so only for Disable or Loading Unloading parking will allowed for safety regulation. Parking on the side roads are paid only from Monday – Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. (Family have to arranged parking)
- Making Degh or Parshad is responsibility of the Giani Jee as per Sikh Rehit Maryada by Akaal Takht Sahib.
- Cleaning of Langar hall and Kitchen is the responsibility of the family (Parivar) doing Seva, if by any reason if family unable to do this seva the cleaning chargers will be £30 and needs to agree while booking so Gurdwara can arrange the cleaner for this seva.
- Rumala for Guru Sahib will provided free of cost by Gurdwara Sahib for all program’s.
- Parivaar booking the Langar / Funeral Seva won’t change the Langar setup in downstairs hall as the setup is 50 – 50 (3 row of tables chairs & 3 row of Siting on the floor) without prior agreement with the Gurdwara Management.
- Any special requirement should be agreed with management while booking the Langar Seva.
- Parivaar have to educate their Guest regarding the Gurdwara Maryada (e.g Cover the head while in Gurdwara Premises etc.)
- Standard Menu covers: 1 X Daal, 1 X Sabji, 1 X Sweet (pudding), Yogurt & pickle (Excluding Paneer,Fresh-Saag,Fruit,Salad) family have to provide or pay extra for these items (Paneer , Fresh Saag, Fruit or Salad).
- Above mention prices are guided price only for standard menu only Family can pay more or less as per they can effort. Because Gurdwara is Charity not Business.